Implant-Retained Bridge – Huntington Beach, CA
Secure Your Bridge with Dental Implants
Despite the latest innovations in dentistry, tooth loss is still a common problem. Losing even one can create significant changes to your oral health and your quality of life; however, it can be devastating to lose several teeth. Typically, a bridge or partial is used to treat significant tooth loss, but what if you could enjoy a close replica of your natural teeth? Now you can with dental implants in Huntington Beach. Dr. Braga works closely with your dentist during your placement surgery to ensure the long-term success of your new smile. You can rest assured you’re in good hands with a board-certified periodontist.
Two Consecutive Missing Teeth
A bridge and crowns are the most traditional solution to replace two missing teeth in a row. A custom-made bridge is held in place by bonding dental crowns to the adjacent teeth. Although it’s effective, it doesn’t replace the entire tooth structure. Instead of relying on crowns to hold your bridge in place, an implant post can be inserted into your jawbone to support it.
Three or More Consecutive Missing Teeth
If you’ve lost several teeth in a row, an implant-retained bridge can also be used as an alternative treatment to a fixed bridge. An implant post is placed at either end of the bridge to support it. This preserves your jawbone to protect your remaining natural teeth from dental drift to improve your oral health.
Multiple Missing Teeth Throughout an Arch
A partial denture is a common solution to replace several lost teeth. Prosthetics are held in a gum-colored base. The partial clips onto your natural teeth to hold it in place using a metal framework. Although it’s effective, you’ll still deal with some limitations. Instead, your periodontist in Huntington Beach can fill the empty spaces using a combination of implant-retained bridges or single unit crowns, depending on your specific needs.
Benefits of Implant-Supported Prosthetics
Although traditional treatments are proven effective, they will always have their disadvantages. Dental implants resolve many of the common complaints about conventional solutions. You’ll enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- High Success Rate: Over a 95% success rate to last for several decades with the right aftercare.
- Looks Natural: Your restorations are crafted from all-ceramic material to match your real teeth.
- Feels Natural: Regain as much as 70% of your biting force.
- Preserves Your Jawbone: Stops dental drift to improve your oral health.
- Doesn’t Rely on Healthy Teeth: Keeps your adjacent teeth strong and healthy because your bridge or partial doesn’t rely on them for support.
- Supports Your Facial Tissues: Prevents premature wrinkles and sagging skin.
- Cost-Effective: You should never need to pay to have them replaced with the right aftercare.
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
You don’t need to settle for anything less than the best. You can enjoy a solution that looks and feels natural when replacing your missing teeth with dental implants. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation. We look forward to rebuilding your smile!